Volunteering for the PTA is about leaning in and investing in the lives of our kids. When we engage by dedicating our time, talent, effort and passion to the task of supporting our school, we not only provide necessary services, we show our children that we are there for them.
Our volunteer opportunities range from playing with the kids at recess to cleaning up the school grounds. We are always looking for people to lean in and make a difference at James John. Below are descriptions of our recurring volunteers roles. When you find a place that fits your schedule and interests, let our volunteer coordinator know by completing the form on this page.
Our family engagement events, fundraisers, and other events all require volunteers to plan and run them. The following event-focused committees have opportunities or volunteering:
- Prom and Auction Committee
- Harvest Festival Committee
- Back to School Night Committee
- Multicultural Night Committee
- STEAM Night Committee
- Movie Night Committee
- Winter Craft Fair Committee
Several of our committees meet regularly to manage ongoing needs in the school. There are always volunteer needs on these committees:
- Green Team (Ground Clean Up and Beautification)
- Helping Hands (Meets every Tuesday and helps support teachers)
- Plant Sales (Annual Poinsettia and Spring plant sales)
We also support numerous school functions that are not run by the PTA, but rely on our volunteers to succeed. These opportunities occur year-round:
- Literacy Events & Book Fairs
- Running Club
- Dia de los Muertos Celebration
- SUN School Events
Of course, teachers often need volunteer support in the classroom and on field trips. The PTA supports these efforts when possible.